Sunday, April 4, is the Easter holiday and a busy day for parks and beaches in Long Beach. To best prepare for an enjoyable and safe visit, the Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine advises visitors of the following public safety tips and park rules.
All visitors to parks and beaches must abide by the following public health and safety protocols, pursuant to the City’s Health Order, to limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep everyone safe:
- Active recreation and stationary activities, such as sitting and picnicking, at parks and beaches is permitted and limited to groups of no more than three households and no more than 15 people total.
- A minimum of six feet of physical distancing between groups must be maintained.
- Masks are required when in public areas, including parks and beaches and except when eating and/or drinking, even if people are fully-vaccinated.
Easter Sunday is the busiest day of the year at El Dorado East Regional Park, which has the following additional park rules for the day:
- Park hours are from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. All patrons must be out of the park by closing.
- The holiday parking rate is $9, contactless payment only (credit/debit/ATM card).
- Parking on the grass is permitted in designated areas only. Vehicles in unauthorized areas will be cited or towed.
- Unloading and loading areas will be available along the interior roads. Please do not block traffic flow. Drop-offs and unloading are not allowed on Spring Street or Wardlow Road. Vehicles will be cited.
- Extra parking and picnic space is located in Area 3, north of Wardlow Road. Please follow the signs to the overflow lot. Parking may not be near your picnic location.
- Arrive early. If the park reaches capacity, park officials will close the gates to additional vehicles entering.
- Vehicles exiting the park may not be granted re-entry if the park closes for capacity.
The El Dorado Nature Center will be closed on Sunday, April 4. Long Beach Animal Care Services will be open by appointment only between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Please email PetAdopt@longbeach.gov or call 562.570.4925 to make an appointment.
In addition to picnicking and shelters, the 388-acre park is full of amenities, including bicycle trails and playgrounds. El Dorado East Regional Park is located at 7550 E. Spring Street.